Trauma and PTSD
People often associate trauma with the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD experienced by those who have very intense experiences in extreme conditions such as war zones.
However, many of us can also experience trauma in every day life events. We can also be carrying trauma from long ago events.
Psychologists now describe Big Traumas and Small Traumas. Big Traumas are dramatic events such as such as a physical attack, child abuse, or a car accident.
Small Traumas can be an event in childhood which leaves an emotional impact such as being left out of a group at school, shouted at by a teacher etc.
Some of the symptoms of trauma are:
- Feeling intense unexplained fear in certain situations.
- Finding it hard to connect and trust in relationships
- Re-experiencing the trauma through intrusive memories of past events, flashbacks, and nightmares
- Feeling emotionally disconnected or numb – avoiding situations that are reminders of the trauma
- Difficulty sleeping and concentrating, feeling anxious, and being quick to irritation and anger
How can you help me overcome Trauma?
I use a number of methods to help my clients overcome Trauma and PTSD. Two of the most powerful of these, are Emotional Freedom Techniques EFT and Matrix Reimprinting. These are highly effective methods which help to access the subconsious.
I can also teach you specific self-help tools to take away with you so that you can handle future stresses
How to get in touch with me
I offer face-to-face counselling and therapy sessions in Lagos, Algarve, Portugal
I also offer online sessions internationally via Skype or Zoom
To enquire about sessions:
Please first read the information at this link FAQs For Individual Clients
Below the information you will find contact details.