Therapist, Coach and Self Help Author
I specialise in helping individuals and couples gain more confidence, better communication skills and happier relationships. I help people with relationships of all types:
- Social Situations
I often think of relationships as being like a classroom. How we are with other people, how we think feel and behave is a reflection of what is going on within us. These are the habits and patterns we have formed, our beliefs and values deeply hidden in the subconscious.
Exploring our relationships then, provides us with an opportunity to become more self-aware and learn the lessons in life that can help us grow and become wiser beings.
Some of the common reasons we struggle in relationships are the following:
- The impact of childhood experiences (our first relationships)
- Limiting beliefs that cause us to keep making poor choices
- Limiting beliefs that cause us to repeat the same sabotaging behaviours
- Lack of assertiveness and boundaries
- Lack of communication skills
- Low self-esteem
Most of us have at least some limiting beliefs that get in the way of happy relationships. We form the majority of these beliefs in early childhood when we’re too young to understand how the world works. Those misguided ideas continue to live on in the subconscious, dictating how we think and behave in our relationships – until such time as we spot them, and do something about them.
Typical beliefs that sabotage relationships are:
- I can't trust people
- People always use me
- I have to please and keep other people happy
- I must be strong and not show my feelings
- It's not good to ask for help
- I should push people away before they reject me
- I have to prove my worth
I draw on specific techniques according to your individual needs. These include:
I combine these with my many years’ experience of traditional talk therapy.
In this way I can help you identify the unhelpful ways of thinking and believing that are affecting your relationships, let those go, and begin building new more helpful ways of approaching relationships.
Your relationships will radically improve because you’ll be able to achieve things you couldn’t before such as:
- Setting clear boundaries without feeling guilty
- Find great ways to communicate your needs
- Start attracting the right people into your life
- Earn respect and be valued
- Feel super confident
- Learn how to love yourself (the foundation of all good relationships)
- Learn to trust and breathe easy
- Get support from others
How to get in touch with me
Due to the pandemic I am seeing all clients online using Zoom, Skype, Facetime or WhatsApp video.